Six Benefits of Cooking With Cast Iron Cookware
Cookware fads come and go, but the use of cast iron pots and pans in the
kitchen has been around for generations. There are several reasons why cast
iron cookware has remained popular for generations.
1. It will last a lifetime or longer! When cared for, cast iron cookware
can be passed down for generations. It's also very durable and popular for
2. It's affordable! Unlike copper cookware sets which may cost you several
thousands of dollars, cast iron sets can be purchased for a few hundred
3. It cooks really well! From corn bread in a cast iron skillet, to crawfish
ettoufee cooking over an open fire. It's hard to beat the quality of cast
iron cookware. It evenly distributes heat, and can retain that heat for
long periods of time.
4. It's Durable! Cast iron cookware can be used on electric or gas stoves.
It can go straight in the oven or even right on an open fire. You also wont
need special utensils for cooking in your favorite cast iron skillet.
5. It's non-stick! Once properly seasoned, cast iron cookware requires little
to no oil and has a natural non-stick surface. This eliminates the need
for unhealthy oils or chemical surfaces to give you a non-stick surface.
6. It's a natural source of Iron! Cast iron cookware naturally adds healthy
amounts of iron to your food as you cook in it.