6 Tips For Cleaning Your Cast Iron Cookware
Cast Iron Cookware can last for generations when properly cared for. Here are a few tips for keeping your cookware clean and rust free.
1. Always dry your cookware after washing. Warm the cast iron until visible signs of moisture are gone.
2. Use a mild detergent when cleaning. Harsher detergents will lift oils that are important for keeping your cookware seasoned.
3. Store your cast iron cookware in a warm dry area.
4. Never put your cast iron in a dishwasher.
5. When storing your cookware for a long period of time, it is good to spray it with PAM or a light coat of oil to protect the seasoning.
6. Don't store acidic foods in your cast iron cookware.